Forum rules

<  SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS  ~  TIM Yahoo Group has vanished

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Almost 8 years ago Paul Morris started the TREASURE ISLAND MEDIA Yahoo Group.

We signed on this morning to discover that - without warning or notification - the group was gone.

I suspect that it is the latest casualty of an ever increasing conservative stand on adult groups and profiles.

2 years ago several of Damon Dogg's yahoo groups and Dawson's original yahoo group were also unceremoniously deleted.

That was one of the main reasons that we started the PAUL MORRIS FORUM, so if you were a member of the TIM Yahoo Group we are glad that you have made your way over here.

If you want to continue receiving email notifications about new releases, now would be a great time for you to join TIM's confidential e-list which can be found on the mainpage at treasureislandmedia.com.

We are debating at this time whether or not to start a new TIM Yahoo Group, but it seems futile when gay and bareback adult groups are vanishing on a regular basis.

Max's group Tail Biter and Dawson's group AwesomeDawson will stay active although we will not be surprised if they disappear sometime.

If you were a member of the TIM Yahoo Group and think we should start a new one, let us know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Screw 'em. I have a yahoogroup also and I know it's just a matter of time before it goes too. Have you tried a google group. I don't know how they work but you may be dealing with a different mentality as least.

On the other hand I think this forums is great and a yahoogroup for a company as well known as TIM is obsolete.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Thanks buttboi -

We are actually the sponsors of the bareback group on google - but it's more geared towards guys looking to hook up.

http://groups.google.com/group/bareback

Google groups are mostly just e-lists and since we have an e-list of our own - there's not much reason to create a tim google group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quote Report this post
yahoogroups is dwindling and annoying ... my vote is to forget about it altogether

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote Report this post
I'm also feeling the same way about yahoo groups..... I can't access them while at wotk but I can access this great forum......

I am a member of a couple of yahoo groups but never get the time to access them eitehr when at home.

lets concentrate on this hot forum instead

Daz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote Report this post
I say fuck 'em...and at the same time, add some features to this forum...for example, it would be nice to be able to click on a poster's picture and see his profile/pic rather than just a thumbnail.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote Report this post
what about a chat option - maybe using flash?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote Report this post
I beileve before flash chat inflash, we woud need a decent personnal ad service !!

Print view  Email topic